Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Reading Plan

Native American Folklore - Little People
Here is my reading plan for the remaining readings in the class.

Week 9: Alaska - I have learned some about native American culture, but I know very little about Alaskan culture.  I am curious to see what these stories are like.  This tale was chosen based on the stories region.

Week 10: Myths of Cherokee - This story caught my eye because the description talks about origin stories of the moon, the stars and the sky. Part of what I liked about Greek mythology is that the physics of the word and how things works is all explained away by gods.  I am curious to see where the Cherokee think the world came from.

Week 11: King Arthur - I know we only had to plan for week 9 and 10, however since this story works well with my storybook I will go ahead and list it.  I may go and do the week 11 assignment over spring break for more inspiration for my storybook.

Other tales that look interesting to me include the following:

Celtic Tales
Faerie Queene
Hunt

1 comment:

  1. Hi Carmen, just a quick note about the reading: the Britomart unit is one you might enjoy too. It's Arthurian legend from Spenser's Faerie Queene, and there's some Merlin material in there! Faerie Queen - Britomart ... There's also a beautiful Arthur legend in one of the Welsh units: Arthur in the Cave

    ReplyDelete